Although documentation is installed locally with our software, we provide the latest version online also for the convenience of our users.
The current version of CONTACT is version 22.2, released December 15th, 2022.
- User guide for CONTACT, Rolling and sliding contact with friction. Technical report TR 20-01 (v22.2), Vtech CMCC, 2022.
This version provides the following extensions with respect to earlier versions of the program:
- Automatic and detailed analysis of wheel/rail contacts, using planar and conformal contact approaches.
- Advanced profile corrections and profile smoothing, and variation of friction parameters across the rail profile.
- Support for switches and crossings, with rail profiles varying in running direction.
- Providing a `fast track‘, to skip the full calculation in less demanding situations.
- Ability to compute surface temperatures and temperature-dependent friction.
- Ability to compute plastic shear of interfacial layers.
- Various smaller extensions and updates to improve robustness of the calculations.